Now the nights are drawing in and the clocks are about to go back, why not make your home a haven with our huge lighting range available now. You’ll find top designer names and 1000s of on-trend pieces in store, with shades to match, but also a wide selection of additional shades so you can have fun creating different looks.
We’ve got lamps made from all types of material including metal and chrome (for that sleek LA apartment look) wood, ceramic, glass, acrylic and crystal gems that add that sensational sparkle. And at 60% off the RRP, they’re guaranteed to lighten up your life (sorry, we couldn’t resist!)
Find a store
Shop HomeSense online
Toad in the Hole
This winter warmer has been a family favourite for generations and is guaranteed to make you feel fulfilled and contented on a cold winter evening.
- 8 pork sausages
- 150g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 300ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of vegetable or sunflower oil
- Heat the oven to 200C and bake the sausages in a large oven proof dish for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and put to one side.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 210C, add the oil to the dish and return to the oven for 10 minutes until the oil is really hot.
- Meanwhile, place the flour in a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and crack in the eggs and salt.
- Using a whisk, start beating the eggs taking the flour in from the edge little by little. The egg mixture will almost do this process for you by sticking to the egg mixture in the middle. As it becomes thicker, add a little milk and continue the process until all the flour is combined, there are no lumps and the mixture has the consistency of double cream.
- Carefully remove the oven dish from the oven and pour in the batter
- Arrange the sausages in the batter and return to the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes being careful not to open the oven during the cooking or it will turn out like a pancake!
- Serve with hot buttery mashed potato and lashings of gravy
We’re delighted to announce that the winner of our £1,000 shopping spree is Kamila, who received the most likes for her elephant money box find.
Kamila is really excited about spending her prize as she has just bought her first house with her partner Peter which needs to be furnished from top to bottom! She couldn’t believe her luck and is looking forward to choosing the items on her shopping list which include lamps, mirrors, rugs, furniture and kitchenware from her local HomseSense store – happy spending!
Clcik here to find your nearst HomeSense store or shop online now.
Come and spend an evening with us at the new HomeSense store in Reading where, for one night only, we’re giving you a chance to save a further 10% off amazing homeware, while sipping champagne and sampling some nibbles.
WHERE: HomeSense, Forbury Retail Park, Reading, RG1 3JD
WHEN: Wednesday 6th October 7pm – 9pm
Feel free to bring your friends and family along too!
Find the store